There’s more to financial planning than your RRSP. Estate taxes, income taxes and education funds for your children are just some of the other complex aspects of your total financial picture.
Personal financial planning focuses on you as an individual and combines all the financial and psychological factors that impact your life.
“Financial planning is like navigation. If you know where you are and where you want to go. Navigation isn’t such a great problem. It’s when you don’t know the two points that it’s difficult.”
A well-designed financial plan will help you reach your financial goals and objectives and give you a greater sense of security.
- Clarify your present situation by collecting and assessing all relevant financial data – assets and liabilities, tax returns, records of securities transactions, insurance policies, wills and pension plans.
- Identify financial and personal goals and objectives, and also to clarify your financial and personal values and attitudes.
- Identify financial problems that can create barriers to your financial independence.
- Provides you with written recommendations and alternative solutions. These should be structured to meet your needs without undue emphasis on purchasing specific products.
- Assists you to implement the right strategy to ensure that you reach your goals and objectives.
- Provides a review and revisions of your plan to ensure that you achieve your goals whether it be five, ten, or twenty years.